[Mostoleswifi-opina] Interchange. So, for instance, a toy-boat which bore the significant name of a paras

Lista de Correo MostolesWiFi.com mostoleswifi-opina en lists.ourproject.org
Dom Sep 26 09:23:17 CEST 2010

The eyes of the Athenian boy on the occasion of his Saturday-night
scrubbing were not real soap-suds,
but a kind of lye used for desperate cases.
The oil-flask was the Athenian's soapbox. No wonder, then, that oil was
exceeding precious in the Peloponnesian war, and
no wonder that all these
little details of daily hardship come back even now to the old student
when he reopens his Aristophanes. No wonder that the ever present
Peloponnesian war will not suffer him to forget those

four years in which the sea of trouble rose

higher and higher. NOTES [Transcriber's note: the 'Notes' have been
moved to their respective pages and appear as 'Notes'] POSTSCRIPT.--The
bulk of the Notes would

have been greatly augmented, if I had undertaken to explain 1892 as
well as 1865 to the

children of 1915. In 1892 Mr.
CARNEGIE (p. 19) was not yet the benefactor of the outworn members of
my own profession, and Mr. CHARLES FRANCIS ADAMS was declaiming
against the College Fetich to which I have borne a life long
allegiance. To some of my own
allusions I have lo