[Mostoleswifi-opina] we may, without fail, gain more joy, happiness, wealth, and glory than words

mostoleswifi-opina en lists.ourproject.org mostoleswifi-opina en lists.ourproject.org
Sab Sep 5 02:13:54 CEST 2009

E page in surprise. "Why, we think nothing of that sort of thing; what
harm can come of it?" "I don't see that that has anything to do with the
matter," said Ben. "I've been taught always to do right, whatever comes
of it; and 'tis doing very far from right to take what doesn't belong to
one; it is doing very wrong--it is stealing." "I never should have
thought that," said the page; "I wouldn't steal sixpence from no one,
that I wouldn't! but just taking something out of a dish of good things
that comes down from the parlour is altogether different." "Now I don't
see any difference at all," said Ben, more earnestly than before; "the
long and the short of the matter is, that it's wrong, and we mustn't do
wrong even if we fancy good is to come out of it. Just the contrary: we
must do right, whatever we think may come out of it. God says, `_Do
right_.' He'll take care of the rest." The page did not utter another
word, and Ben had the satisfaction of seeing him take the dishes into
the housekeeper's room. This was a great encouragement to him. "If I can
persuade one person to do right in what he thinks a trifle, I may
persuade others; and, at all events, I will go on, with God's help,
doing so whenever I have an opportunity," said Ben to himself. "That is
right, I know." The page was not at all the less friendly after this,
but he treated Ben with much more respect, and Ben was very sorry to
part with him. Nearly his last words to him were, "Never mind what you
have been accustomed to think or to do, but just remember to do right at
all time