[Mostoleswifi-opina] Unted the stairs, frantic to find if I

mostoleswifi-opina en lists.ourproject.org mostoleswifi-opina en lists.ourproject.org
Jue Ago 27 05:41:40 CEST 2009

Ime no more than sixty-five thousand miles from the Moon's surface. The
_Planetara_ presently would swing upon her direct course for Mars. There
was nothing which could cause passenger comment in this close passing of
the Moon; normally we used the satellite's attraction to give us
additional starting speed. It was now or never that a message would come
from Grantline. He was supposed to be upon the Earthward side of the
Moon. While Snap had rushed through with his routine, I searched the
Moon's surface with our glass. But there was nothing. Copernicus and
Kepler lay in full sunlight. The heights of the lunar mountains, the
depths of the barren, empty seas were etched black and white, clear and
clean. Grim, forbidding desolation, this unchanging Moon. In romance,
moonlight may shimmer and sparkle to light a lover's smile; but the
reality of the Moon is cold and bleak. There was nothing to show my
prying eyes where the intrepid Grantline might be. "Nothing at all,
Snap." And Snap's instruments, attuned for an hour now to pick up the
faintest signal, were motionless. "If he has concentrated any
appreciable amount of ore," said Snap. "We should get an impulse from
its rays." But our receiving shield was dark, untouched. Our mirror grid
gave the magnified images; the spectro, with its wave length selection,
pictured the mountain levels and slowly descended into the deepest seas.
There was nothing. Yet in those Moon caverns--a million million recesses
amid the crags of that tumbled, barren surface--the pin point of
movement which might have been Grantline's expedition cou
Se ha borrado un mensaje que no est? en formato texto plano...
Nombre     : atticism.jpg
Tipo       : image/jpeg
Tama?o     : 8588 bytes
Descripci?n: no disponible
Url        : /pipermail/mostoleswifi-opina/attachments/20090827/9e5f1fad/atticism.jpg