[Mostoleswifi-opina] Tlaw, "there is no use alarming them." It was late in the night be

mostoleswifi-opina en lists.ourproject.org mostoleswifi-opina en lists.ourproject.org
Mar Ago 18 11:23:00 CEST 2009

Be about sure to get lost in the swamp, an' there's no tellin' what
might happen to us. We can't get out the way we come in as long as those
fellows are standin' guard outside waitin' for us." "I vote to stay
where we are," said Walter, promptly. "We may be able to escape the
fever if we take good care of ourselves." Charley and Chris quickly
agreed with Walter. "I guess it's the wisest thing to do," admitted the
captain, "although I will be mighty glad to get out of this creepy
place. I tell you this ain't no place for white men, lads. But I've got
to leave you now, boys. Make yourself as comfortable as you can, an'
keep out of the sun during the heat of the day. I reckon I'll be back
long before sundown." Walter accompanied the captain down to the canoe
and begged hard to go with him, but the old sailor was firm in his
refusal and Walter watched him paddle out of sight with a dim foreboding
of evil at his heart. On his way back to the wigwam, Walter paused a
moment on the island's highest elevation to take a more careful s