[Kune-translators] Tips for right-to-left web design?

Vicente J. Ruiz Jurado vjrj at ourproject.org
Fri Nov 11 22:09:32 CET 2011

Hi there:

I've started to test some Arabic translation (for now using google
translator) in kune to look how RTL languages works on it. I only did
the top bar (yes, I suppose is a crappy translation, but doesn't
matters, is only a test, I'm worried about the modifications in the code
to support it). Look the result:
http://kune.beta.iepala.es/?locale=ar#

So, I need some help: can anybody give me some web tips to support these
languages? Like:
- be sure that you configure all the textbox to be right-to-left.
- mmmm, buttons with (icons + texts) should be (texts + icons). I don't
know if this is true... is just an example that maybe it's true
- titles of pages should be...
- etc.

Also, I can change easily all the left area (Social Network & tools) to
the right as in this draft:
http://kune.ourproject.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/web_template-2011.png
but, this is useful for Arabic and rtl languages? I don't know...

So some tips more than welcome...

If furthermore someone want to help in the translation just give me
his/her username in kune.beta.iepala.es and I'll add to the translation
group.

Thanks!
--
Vicente J. Ruiz Jurado

http://comunes.org
http://ourproject.org
http://homes.ourproject.org/~vjrj/blog (@vjrj)

 "Recently, someone asked me if I believed in astrology. He seemed
 somewhat puzzled when I explained that the reason I don't is that I'm a
 Gemini." [Raymond Smullyan]