[kune-devel] Chrome new websocket specification WAS Re: Kune 0.0.9 published (codename “15M”)

Vicente J. Ruiz Jurado vjrj at ourproject.org
Thu Oct 13 23:27:15 CEST 2011

Sorry Thomas, for the delay in answer you.

Most of the issues you commented are now fixed (you can recheck our demo
http://kune.beta.iepala.es), but, there is a big one already open, the
"Connecting" issue.

Seems that it's a problem with chrome and socket.io:
https://github.com/LearnBoost/socket.io-client/issues/282
https://github.com/LearnBoost/socket.io/issues/429
"Known issue, it's because Chrome started using a different WebSocket
specification that Socket.IO is not yet supporting.. @guille is working
on it"

So, I think that you should have similar problems also with any other
WIAB capable server as:
http://waveinabox.net/

Then I think that socketio-java should be updated to use socketio 0.8.

Can anybody confirm this?

Bests,

Vicente

--
Vicente J. Ruiz Jurado

http://comunes.org
http://ourproject.org
http://homes.ourproject.org/~vjrj/blog

 "Desgraciados los tiempos en los que hay que explicar lo obvio."
 [Ernesto Che Guevara]