[kune-devel] Fwd: Finally, kune video-presentation
samer2004 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 20 11:26:24 CET 2009
Y mÃ¡s feedback :) El esperado mail de Bastien. El tÃo es un crack y habrÃa
que tener muy en cuenta sus opiniones (aunque discrepo en varias). De hecho,
junto con Stallman, Ã©l es otra muy buena baza para el proyecto (estÃ¡ muy
metido en el tema, en la FSF y como desarrollador...).
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Bastien Guerry
Date: Mon, Jan 19, 2009 at 14:51
Subject: Re: Finally, kune video-presentation
as promised, some feedback about the video.
First of all, kudos! It looks great and contains a lot of information.
I guess many people will want to test Kune after viewing this. And now
- the musique is a distraction. Why don't you use the voice, as in any
screencast? Yes, it's hard to do, but it's easier to concentrate on.
- What's the purpose? Advertisement or tutorial? It's a bit too big
and to detailed for an ad, but it is "showing off" too much for a
tutorial. I suggest you do a 5 minute ad concentrating all the big
messages (it's enough to make people want to try) and 5 min tutos on
specific features or use case.
- Would be better if people could have a better idea of the difference
with other tools. What's the difference with a wiki? What's the
difference with Moodle? Drupal? Facebook? Being free software is a
difference, it might be enough for some devs. Usability is another
one, and the video shows it adequately... but what other deep diff
with other available tool ?
- The example of Simone: what is the goal of Simone? What does she
expect from using this? Why is she not satisfied with other tools?
- After 4:45, we understand how to create and edit a space, but we don't
have a precise idea of how this space looks like for people on the web
(outside the admin interface) (See diapo 8:32)
- The chat feature looks really great. The video should demonstrate a
real use case - in what occasion is that really necessary to chat with
- Slides at 10:28 and 10:58 contains a bit too much... or maybe you can
underline some keywords to ease the reading.
- I wouldn't put kune is not for you... even technical reasons are a
bit too much for such a video. This is good in a faq, but not in a
video. (Again, if you answer the question: is this an ad or a tuto,
you will naturally strip this kind of slide...)
- About the novelty: speak less about them, show them more! (You could
actually show *only* this, that would be appalling enough...)
- Slide at 12:03: still in alpha and... "very advanced"?
- "Community supported": how big the community?
- just wondering: is there a "mailing list" feature (which lets you
contact everyone in your/other group(s) by email?)
Good job dudes! Tell me when I can buzz around this on mailing lists...
"No son tiempos para hacer cualquier cosa"
------------ próxima parte ------------
Se ha borrado un adjunto en formato HTML...
More information about the kune-devel