[JoPP-Public] sponsoring new board member

Johan Söderberg johan.soderberg at sts.gu.se
Fri Jan 31 12:29:25 CET 2020

Hi,

I would like to sponsor Leandros Savvides as a new editorial board member for JoPP. I have inserted his presentation below, and he subscribes to the list if you want to ask questions to him.
Johan

Hi everyone,
My name is Leandros Savvides, I have recently finished my PhD on the politics and material hacking of 3D printing, composed of ethnographic vignettes from a variety of hackerspaces across UK, Germany, Cyprus. I have presented a couple of times at the FOSS conference in Gothenburg (2015, 2016) and my research interests are revolving around Political Economy of Technoscience, Ethnographies of Hardware and Material Culture from a broad (or sometimes strict) Marxist perspective. I come from social and political theory towards Technoscience, so my work is heavily influenced as such. At the moment I am making a living as a lecturer in Business Management at Global College in Nicosia, Cyprus. However, I would like to keep in touch and get involved more on the aforementioned areas. At the moment I am in the process of working on some papers that I draw from my thesis. So, I could publish and review papers and/or books as well for the community. I am also interested to take part in organising conferences and meetings if this is something you are searching for prospective editors.
Thanks in advance,
Leandros Savvides