[JoPP-Public] Release schedule 2016-2018

Mathieu ONeil mathieu.oneil at anu.edu.au
Wed Sep 14 02:45:04 CEST 2016

Hi everyone

A quick update on the release schedule. It was agreed a few months ago that we would now release Sept/October and March/April to avoid holiday seasons.

JoPP #9 Alternative Internets

As some of you are aware JoPP #9 Alternative Internets edited by Felix, Panos and Johan was released recently to coincide with the 4S/EASST conference in Barcelona. Congratulations to the editors for a really great issue!

The editors are preparing a press release which can be circulated to all the usual places.

Johan, maxigas and other JoPP-people were very active during the 4S/EASST conference and will post an account to the list about it.

JoPP #10 WORK

Zack and I have the revised versions of the peer reviewed articles. All that is missing from that section are the signals which we will be requesting from reviewers in coming weeks.

We have been organising a debate section and we also have a couple of additional non-peer reviewed papers being prepared. So, we are on track to release in March 2017.

JoPP #11 CITY

Panos is contributing again to JoPP (!) by co-editing with Penny Travlou and Nikos Anastasopoulos an issue on urban space and peer production. They are working on the CFP and planning to distribute it in October for a September/October 2017 release. Looking forward to this new (for JoPP) and exciting topic!

JoPP#12 ...
This issue is to be released in March/April 2018. We have heard suggestions about possible themes and editors but nothing definite, so if anyone has a plan please advise!

cheers,

Mathieu
(on behalf of editorial team)