[JoPP-Public] DOAJ: PDF and CC?

Dr. Peter Troxler trox at fabfolk.com
Fri Oct 28 21:53:41 CEST 2016

HI all, particularly maxigas
> On 28 Oct 2016, at 17:37, maxigas <maxigas at anargeek.net> wrote:
>
> Mathieu ONeil <mathieu.oneil at anu.edu.au <mailto:mathieu.oneil at anu.edu.au>> writes:
>
>> Hi all
>>

>> A French colleague inquired whether JoPP was archived in any databases
>> including the "easier to get into" Directory of Open Access Journals
>> (DOAJ). This seems like a pretty good fit for us. I checked it out and
>> it does not seem too bad so I'm willing to give it a go.
>>
>> https://doaj.org/application/new
>>

>> However there are a few questions I'm not sure about. I've copied them
>> all below but the most important issues IMO are PDFs and copyright.
>>

>> PDF
>>
>> We used to have a PDF generator for articles. This broke and was meant
>> to be repaired...? This absence limits our ability to be picked up by
>> search engines and archived in other databases.
>>
>> @Peter (and maxigas): is there a solution in sight?
>
> This is absolutely my sin, I signed up for testing and recommending a
> PDF renderer plugin for Wordpress and I never got around to put in the
> necessary work. I would also like JoPP to be listed in databases so I
> will try to do this soonish, but in order not to stress myself I would
> say "this year".

I've been playing around with pdf plugins when we were restoring the site and moving it to its new server.

I had the intention to reinstate the pdf functionality for one of the last issues but was out of the loop regarding editorial progress.

Maybe we can make an effort to, indeed, resolve the issue "this year" (some light coding required and a good way to make sure the pdf move nicely from the edit-suite to the published front end)

/ Peter