[JoPP-Public] Question

Vasilis Kostakis kostakis.b at gmail.com
Fri Oct 21 09:59:16 CEST 2016

Dear editorial team,

Below you may find the abstract of an intrinsic case study of the recent
"think global, print local" initiative, which arguably may fit the scope
and aim of JoPP. Hence, I am wondering whether you think that this could be
submitted as a "communication in brief" paper to JoPP (i.e., as a
submission that does not fit into a special issue theme).

All the best,

Vasilis

*Title: *“Think global, print local”: A case study on a commons-based
publishing and distribution model

Vasilis Kostakis, Tallinn University of Technology
Stacco Troncoso, P2P Foundation, Guerrilla Translation
Ann Marie Utratel, P2P Foundation, Guerrilla Translation

*Abstract: *This article discusses an intrinsic case study which
demonstrates the convergence of decentralized online and offline ways of
sharing knowledge. We describe a new techno-economic form of value creation
and distribution in relation to the knowledge commons and the publishing
industry.  The dynamics and challenges of an emerging, commons-based
copyright license (the Peer Production License) are also outlined. We
conclude by arguing that this intrinsic case study could build bridges
across languages and cultures, and enable concrete, material commoning
practices.