[JoPP-Public] Inclusion in Scopus or ThomsonReuters Web of Science

Mathieu ONeil mathieu.oneil at anu.edu.au
Thu Oct 6 04:38:56 CEST 2016

Hi all

It's been suggested to me that it would be useful to get JoPP some more institutional recognition. Does anyone have a clue about whether it would be desirable and / or advisable to get JoPP listed into Scopus or ThomsonReuters Web of Science? Scopus is run by Elsevier which is obvs not great and after a brief look on their site I could not find info on how to be indexed. On the other hand Thomson does indicate what their criteria for inclusion is:

http://wokinfo.com/essays/journal-selection-process

However they seem to have requirements which may be hard to meet - such as a DOI for each article...? is this a way to exclude non-corporate publications? Would pursuing this be a good idea? Do we need to revisit the idea of raising money for JoPP?

Thoughts?

cheers

Mathieu