[JoPP-Public] Update: website; core team; new editor; schedule, p2pf

Mathieu ONeil mathieu.oneil at anu.edu.au
Tue Nov 10 13:55:23 CET 2015

Hi all

A message to update on recent developments:

As mentioned previously, the JoPP website has been compromised and an emergency theme has been put in place. Javier from P2P Foundation and Peter Troxler have been working to fix this.

As Peter is becoming more heavily involved in the journal we invited him to join the core team and he accepted. Of course he will contribute more than CMS support. The core team now comprises: Peter, Sophie, Johan, Maurizio, Sara, Nate, maxigas and Mathieu.

Panos introduced himself a while ago and no-one objected so he is now officially an editorial board member. Welcome Panos!

Because of the bad current look of the website, we are proposing to delay the femhack issue release until January 2016 and the eds for that issue agreed. This will give more time for the situation to normalise, traffic to resume etc.

So after there would be:

June/July 2016  Alternative Internets

Dec/Jan 2017    Work

June/July 2017  Urbanism

We hope this is OK for everyone. Please advise if any issues.

Finally, we have written to the P2P foundation folks in order to clarify our relationship with them and assess to what extent they are willing / able to support us in a more systematic way. We will apprise this list of any developments on that front.

cheers,

Mathieu (for the JoPP core team)