[JoPP-Public] JoPP in the News

Mathieu ONeil mathieu.oneil at anu.edu.au
Wed Feb 4 02:07:32 CET 2015

PS. Now online too: http://www.theaustralian.com.au/higher-education/reviewing-the-role-of-paper-reviewers/story-e6frgcjx-1227206878010

?

________________________________
From: jopp-public-bounces at lists.ourproject.org <jopp-public-bounces at lists.ourproject.org> on behalf of Mathieu ONeil <mathieu.oneil at anu.edu.au>
Sent: Wednesday, February 4, 2015 11:53
To: Journal of Peer Production's general and public list
Subject: [JoPP-Public] JoPP in the News

Hi everyone

Angela was approached by a journalist for the Higher Ed section of The Australian as there has been some debate in Australia about formally recognizing the work of reviewers and editors when "ranking" researchers. The Law issue she co-edited with Steve has been cited on Twitter so I guess he heard about us through that channel. Angela referred him to me and we had a brief phone chat on Monday. I used the terms "open source" repeatedly in the hope that they would make it past the News Ltd filter but it was not to be. He got my facts right with the one exception of the opening para: it was as an author submitting to a big sociology journal that I had to wait seven months for a one-para useless review, not as an editor of JoPP... As Angela wrote to me privately he seemed broadly supportive of our aims and hopefully this will have positive outcomes. I scanned the article and am attaching it to this message, not sure if it will work though. The article will probably be put online in a few days, right now it is paywall-protected.

cheers,

Mathieu

?