[JoPP-Public] JoPP Special Issue on 'Policy recommendations for a P2P/commons-based society'

george dafermos georgedafermos at gmail.com
Tue Mar 11 00:35:36 CET 2014

Hi Mathieu,

see my comments inline.

On Thu, Mar 6, 2014 at 10:09 PM, Mathieu ONeil <mathieu.oneil at anu.edu.au>wrote:

>  Hi George, all
>  Thanks for your message. Your wish to use the conference is perfectly
> understandable.

Thank you for understanding :)

> There are a couple of considerations. First, we do already have a planned
> release in Dec14/Jan15 (on law and disruption). So we would need to
> coordinate with the law team for announcements.

 The other question is about your planned follow-up issue, by
> non-participants. This is what was originally planned:
>
> >* Say if all goes well and you release Part 1 on 15 september 2014
> *>* => CFP for Part 2 goes out also 15 september 2014
> *>* => abstracts due 15 october 2014 (short)
> *>* => decision by 30 october 2014
> *>* => full article due 30 january 2015
> *>* => reviews due 15 march 2015
> *>* => revised articles due 15 may 2015
> *>* => get signals, upload, etc
> *>* => release july 2015*
>
>  If you are still planning to release your CFP for Part 2 at the same
> time as Part 1 is published (which makes sense) then that pushes back the
> Part 2 release to Dec15/Jan16. Is this what you have in mind?

Yes.

>  So there are no objections from me but what do others think - in
> particular the law issue eds? FWIW we released JoPP 1 and 2 at the same
> date and it was no problem in my opinion.

That's a very good idea, and i fully agree, why not release both issues at
the same time?

So, unless the editors of the law issue have any objections, we are going
to release the special issue on 'policy proposals for a society of the
commons' in Dec 2014 (rather than in Sep 2014, as originally planned).

Best,

-G.