[JoPP-Public] JoPP special issue on policy-making for a commons-based society

maxigas maxigas at anargeek.net
Sat Jul 19 02:56:30 CEST 2014

From: Mathieu ONeil <mathieu.oneil at anu.edu.au>
Subject: Re: [JoPP-Public] JoPP special issue on policy-making for a commons-based society
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2014 00:21:37 +0000

> Hi George, all
>
> @everyone: for those who want to do reviews maybe email George
> offlist so as to not bother those who do not like 'process'
> emails. I don't mind them myself but I remember people not
> being happy about too much technical stuff a while ago - though
> now that things are quieter it may be less of an issue? so I
> don't know argh shut up :-)

Since the part of my life dedicated to jopp was allocated to the special issue i was not really able to contribute to the list as much as i'd wanted but i was happy to follow developments here.  So please post.

> Concerning the schedule, I think the plan is like this:
>
> july 14? - machine shops
>
> @maxigas: any news on that front? probably better to avoid
> releasing in August as many people in the Northern hemisphere
> are not paying attention as much so if you are not ready maybe
> delay till September? just a thought

Sorry about the signal silence on our side.

We'd like to release imminently(tm).  We missed the deadline we set for ourselves (to release at FAB10.org with a paper version) because we underestimated the workload this entails and we both organised a conference just before.  Having followed FAB10  though we thought that the perspectives in the issue would have been much needed to bring into that discourse and they are both critical and constructive.

Status is that we have all articles in almost final versions and we are putting together the editorial section now.  This weekend we should be starting to upload content on the staging site to feel out how it works and break things.  I agree with your concern with August -- I think next week we will be in a better position to judge.

> dec14/jan15 - law issue
>
> july 15 - feminism issue
>
> So your issue could slot in between - we would date it back
> maybe to jan so as to maintain a semblance of order in our
> release schedule?
>
> One thing I have been wondering about is: are you still
> planning to have a first issue describing the FLOK experiment
> "from the inside" and use that as a base to CFP for a second
> more critical / general issue about P2P and the state /
> government or are you grouping everything into one?
>
> Thanks for advising,
>
> cheers,
>
> Mathieu

i could do that.

--
maxigas, kiberpunk
FA00 8129 13E9 2617 C614 0901 7879 63BC 287E D166

People the switches!