[JoPP-Public] Special issue proposal: Fablabs

Mathieu ONeil mathieu.oneil at anu.edu.au
Wed Jun 12 08:43:41 CEST 2013

Hi All

I was recently approached by Peter Troxler who is deeply involved in the Fablab movement. He heads the International Fab Lab Association and is in charge of organising a Fab Lab research stream at the next, 9th annual Fab Lab Workshop and Symposium in late August 2013 in Yokohama, Japan.

Peter suggested doing a special issue of JoPP on fab labs. This fit in well with our schedule as the pirate issue is not fully formed and the organisation issue still a distant dream. So after value/currency in Dec13/Jan14 we should have a fablab issue in June/July 14.

As doing an issue is a lot of work Johan suggested Peter collaborate with another editor, and Peter accepted. This is good news for us as FL are a dynamic area and this should generate as much or more interest as the bio/hardware issue.

More on this soon.

cheers

Mathieu