[JoPP-Public] Empty "About" page

Christian Siefkes christian at siefkes.net
Wed Oct 31 19:12:15 CET 2012

Hi Mathieu and all,

On 10/28/2012 09:21 AM, Mathieu ONeil wrote:
> Yes, good point. However if we remove the mission statement from the
> submission subpage there is always the chance that someone will go straight
> to the sub page through the top menu and miss the mission statement - so
> maybe it should be on both?

good point, but I would avoid having it in two locations, since that'll
annoy people who click on all the links. Also, I wouldn't expect to find a
mission statement on a page entitled "Submissions" in the first place. That
leaves two options I can think of:

- Create two separate subpages for the "Mission Statement" and for the
"Submissions". Leave the main About page empty except for a list of links
pointing to the 4 subpages. (Similar to the Issues pages.)

- Move the mission statement to the main About page, but add a prominent
link to it on the Submissions page. (E.g. "Please read our Mission Statement
before submitting.")

Best regards
	Christian

--
|------- Dr. Christian Siefkes ------- christian at siefkes.net -------
| Homepage: http://www.siefkes.net/ | Blog: http://www.keimform.de/
|    Peer Production Everywhere:       http://peerconomy.org/wiki/
|---------------------------------- OpenPGP Key ID: 0x346452D8 --
Ever since God warned Eve to resist the apple, authorities have tried to
control information flows. And ever since Eve took that first bite,
pioneers have resisted these controls and tried to find ways around them.
        -- Debora Spar, Ruling the Waves