[Jesus-post] {Spam?} The crackers, the grasshop

Bodda soir at compsoft.com.pl
Sat Mar 20 16:35:11 CET 2010

Ir, and take off her hat, and the old lady kept hold of her hand, and said, "It will be over in a minute, my dear child," and then she pressed her little hand so kindly, that Emily felt quite comforted. The other lady was a young lady, and she too felt sorry that Emily was to suffer. She wanted to smooth her hair, and give her a kiss; but she thought that the little
girl might be afraid of so many strangers, so she sat down very quietly. When the dentist had looked into Emily's mouth, he saw that four teeth must

come out. So he got the instrument,
and held her head tight with his arm. Emily

turned pale, but she kept quite still, and did
not cry or scream; and the
dentist pulled out the four teeth, one after the other, without a sound from her lips. When they were all out, some large tears came from her eyes and rolled down her cheeks; but she only said, "Thank you," to the lady that held her hand; and, putting her handkerchief to her mouth, she ran down stairs. "My darling child," said her Grandma, "how well you have behaved; I did not hear
the least noise." "No, Grandma," replied Emily, "I tried very hard

not to scream; I was determined to be quite still; and a good old

lady like you, Grandma, held my hand, which was a great
comfort. But oh! Grandma, it _did_
hurt me most terribly." "My dear child, I know it did," said her Grandma; "you are the best little girl in the world, and a happiness and a treasure to me." After Emily

had gone, the ladies
who had witnessed
her good conduct, and admired her courage, asked her name and where she lived; and one of them, the young lady, sent her a pretty little gold ring with a blue stone in it, and a