[Jesus-post] {Spam?} He young man in scarlet was similarly effected. His cheek

Knie unbonnet at artiversum.com
Mon Dec 7 11:29:52 CET 2009

Edded wife_. Listen, Edward Harris, and I will explain. That day that
you came to Cheyenne in pursuit of me, I'll acknowledge I committed an
error--one that has caused me much trouble since. The case was this: "I
was the nearest of kin to a rich old fur-trader, who proposed to leave
me all his property at his death: but he was a desperate woman-hater,
and bound me to a promise that I would never marry. "Tempted by the lust
for gold, I yielded, and he drew up a will in my favor. This was before
I met Anita here. "When we went to Cheyenne, the old man was lying at
the point of death; so I told Anita that we would not be married for a
few days, until we saw how matters were going to shape. If he died, we
would be married secretly, and she would return to your roof until I
could get possession of my inheritance, when we would go to some other
part of the country to live. If he recovered, I would marry her anyway,
and let the old man go to Tophet with his money-bags. I see now how I
was in the wrong. "Well, that very day, before your arrival, the old man
himself pounced down upon us, and cursed me up hill and down, for my
treachery, and forthwith struck me out from his will. I immediately sent
for a chaplain, and was married to Anita. I then went u