Make Y consistent like with D

Ernst de Hart ernstdehart at gmail.com
Tue Mar 24 20:36:20 CET 2015

Hello Evil users,

The key 'D' in normal mode, deletes the line after the cursor.

I would like to make the key 'Y' consistent with this. So I wrote a
function for this, after finding out the command that's called after every
key action with "C-h k".

So, I came with this:

        (defun my-make-Y-key-working ()
           (interactive)
            (evil-visual-char)
            (evil-end-of-line)
            (evil-yank BEG END)
            (evil-exit-visual-state)
          )

But it gives me an error on evil-yank, he don't accept BEG END as input.
The evil-yank command requires parameters on the place of BEG and END, but
I couldn't figure out what the input should be then.

I found nothing in the documentation about this.

Next to solving the issue with BEG END, what would be your suggestion in
which way could I figure such problems out in the future? Thanks in advance
for your reply. It's appreciated.
Ernst