evil-mode: How to automatically switch to insert mode after certain commands?

max6166 max6166 at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 19 16:44:55 CET 2015

There are many emacs commands after which I almost always immediately want
to insert text. This often requires entering insert mode after the initial
command.

Is there any way to instead enter insert mode automatically after certain
commands?

For example, in org-mode, a user will usually enter some text immediately
after the commands org-insert-heading or org-capture.

Though this only requires typing <i>, the situation arises so many times in
a day that I find myself wishing I could eliminate that extra key press.

What would be the recommended way to do this?

Incidentally, I am also using evil-org-mode.

Thanks,
Max