yank-pop

Chao Lu loochao.list at gmail.com
Tue Jan 20 03:21:54 CET 2015

Dear list,

As a new user of evil, I love it a lot, but have some questions which I'm
trying to tackle:

First, I want the emacs intial yank-pop back by:
(define-key evil-insert-state-map (kbd "M-y") 'yank-pop)
(define-key evil-normal-state-map (kbd "M-y") 'yank-pop)
(define-key evil-emacs-state-map (kbd "M-y") 'yank-pop)

however, evil keeps beeping at me: user-error: *Previous command was not an
evil-paste.*

Secondly,

How to make evil behave like emacs when call end-of-line. i.e.

if we have a line like below:
*blabla$*

when call end-of-line the cursor goes to *$*, instead of* the char before $*
.

Thanks,

Chao