evil-mode: python surround string with function

Dacoda Strack dacoda.strack at gmail.com
Sun Apr 5 19:45:00 CEST 2015

I've just started exploring evil-mode and was wondering about the
behaviour of the evil-surround package when it comes to surrounding lines
with functions. For example, if I have some string that I've written

"Hello world!"

and I want to surround it with a "print" function, I thought I'd be able
to do =yssfprint<RET>=, but I wind up getting the following:

print(
"Hello world!")

I'm not sure if it's because =yss= selects the linebreak before the
quotation mark or quite what's going on.

Would someone be so kind as to elucidate the situation for a real
vim/evil-mode newbie?