Mapping ( and ) in paredit mode

Nikolai Weibull now at disu.se
Wed Oct 1 20:49:12 CEST 2014

On Sun, Sep 21, 2014 at 3:43 PM, Gordon Gustafson <gordon3.14 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Correct, but I'm still curious if it helps your situation. If it does, we
> can restore the default () bindings whenever you don't want to use paredit
> mode in a change-mode-hook (or whatever that hook is called)

That doesn’t sound like a viable solution.  What I instead did was

     (defun evil-paredit-enter-and-exit-motion-state-to-set-keys ()
       (evil-motion-state)
       (evil-normal-state))
     (add-hook 'paredit-mode-hook
'evil-paredit-enter-and-exit-motion-state-to-set-keys)

This seems to enable the keys bound in motion state, while still
leaving me in normal state.  Not sure at all why this works, but it
works.