spacemacs and other approaches for organizing emacs packages

Tom Short tshort.rlists at gmail.com
Sun Nov 30 03:04:32 CET 2014

Hi everyone,

I've been looking to update the mess that is my .emacs file. Looking
around, there are many new Evil packages and new ways of managing
them. I've come across the following as a rather ambitious way to
integrate Evil into many modes:

https://github.com/syl20bnr/spacemacs

Anyone have an opinion on it? I'm trying it briefly. I like the
discover-ability, but it's a lot of new muscle memory to learn.

Any other suggestions for organizing .emacs? I mainly use Org, ESS,
and of course Evil.