Naughty undo-tree

Titus von der Malsburg malsburg at posteo.de
Mon Nov 10 20:43:52 CET 2014

On 2014-11-10 Mon 10:45, Óscar Fuentes wrote:
> That was I thought until I observed, multiple times, how undo worked one
> char at a time after writing some text. No mode change, no cursor
> movement, just writing text and then undoing.

Ah, I see.  I can't remember that this ever happened to me and I'm using
Evil since the earliest usable versions.  My experience is that
undo-tree works flawlessly.  Is it possible that something in your Emacs
configuration interferes with undo-tree and/or Evil?  To me it sounds
like that.

> I'm not so sure about this, but I also observed how undo removes
> multiple chunks of text that were written with mode changes and cursor
> movements in between.

That, too, never happened to me.

Perhaps you can try to find reproducible examples for these
problems.  Next, you could start emacs -Q, load Evil and see whether the
problem persists.  If not, it's a configuration issue.

  Titus