evil mode with pabbrev: how to select alternatives

Eric S Fraga e.fraga at ucl.ac.uk
Mon Nov 10 14:20:36 CET 2014

Dear all,

Using pabbrev in a buffer with evil works fine if the default suggestion
is desired, simply by hitting TAB.  However, if I hit TAB twice, this
brings up the pabbrev buffer with alternate selections from which an
alternative is selected by typing a digit.  This buffer comes up in evil
mode which is not appropriate.

I would like for evil to be disabled in this buffer.  I have tried

      (add-to-list 'evil-emacs-state-modes 'pabbrev-mode)

but this appears to have no effect.  I can, of course, type C-z and then
the choice but this is somewhat clumsy.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
eric

--
: Eric S Fraga, GnuPG: 0xFFFCF67D
: in Emacs 24.4.50.1 + Ma Gnus v0.12 + evil-git-999ec15