Wrapping paredit-forward

Óscar Fuentes ofv at wanadoo.es
Thu May 29 18:06:04 CEST 2014

Nikolai Weibull <now at disu.se> writes:

>>> How should I go about wrapping paredit-forward so that it will work in
>>> normal mode?
>>>
>>> The problem currently is that once you hit a ‘)’ at the end of a line
>>> you can’t go forward any more, as point will be /at/ the ‘)’, due to
>>> the way Evil works, not /after/ the ‘)’, as paredit expects it to be.
>>
>> For me C-M-f (paredit-forward) puts the point after the closing paren,
>> so successive C-M-f works as expected.
>
> In /insert/ mode, yes.  My question mentioned that I’m interested in
> using paredit-forward in /normal/ mode.

Sorry for not explicitly stating the fact on my previous message, but I
was talking of normal mode all along. So there is something different on
our setups that affects how paredit-forward works on normal mode...
While looking again at my .emacs I found this:

(setq evil-move-cursor-back nil)
(setq evil-highlight-closing-paren-at-point-states nil)

specifically evil-move-cursor-back is, most likely, what you want.