visual selection and X primary behavior

Sanel Zukan sanelz at gmail.com
Sun Jul 27 15:00:10 CEST 2014

Hi,

Terminal emacs can't access X libraries, hence clipboard. I had similar
issue and the only solution is to combine it with external tools, like
'xsel'.

Here is nice post how to do it:
http://hugoheden.wordpress.com/2009/03/08/copypaste-with-emacs-in-terminal/

Good thing about above approach is that all Evil yanks and cuts will
work with clipboard out of the box (no need to change anything, just
load that code).

Bad thing is if you use tramp for editing remote file, emacs will
expect 'xsel' to be installed on that host too. This can be easily
hacked with tramp hooks.

Best,
Sanel