evil-paste-pop broken with interprogram-paste-function

Mark Tran mark.tran at gmail.com
Sun Sep 8 08:56:38 CEST 2013

In my Emacs setup, I have 'interprogram-paste-function' set to a function
that returns the contents of the OS X system clipboard. This prevents
'evil-paste-pop' and 'evil-paste-pop-next' from cycling through the kill
ring because the evil-paste-* functions call 'current-kill', which first
calls 'interprogram-paste-function' before the kill ring. This causes
evil-paste-pop to always paste the same value from the system clipboard.

Is there anyway to get this working properly with
interprogram-paste-function?