Smartparen evil key bindings (was: Best way to extend parenthesis matching in EVIL to other symbols)

Johan Lindström buzzwordninja at googlemail.com
Mon Nov 25 12:26:18 CET 2013

On 24 November 2013 16:44, José A. Romero L. <escherdragon at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Nov 24, 2013 at 3:07 PM, Tom Short <tshort.rlists at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Thanks for the link to smartparens. It looks nice. Does it work well with
>> evil?
>>
> (...)
>
> I haven't used it extensively myself, but from what I've seen, smartparens
> and evil are mostly orthogonal to each other. You still need to use C-M-e,
> C-M-u, etc for navigation -- but that's the same story as when using
> nxml-mode, so I don't mind too much.

Speaking of which, I recently looked at start using smartparens, and tried
to figure out evil-ish key bindings for it. But got lost in all of the
commands (which, since I don't use it yet, don't know exactly what they do
and which ones are most useful) and where they would go on <some-leader> +
hjklHJKL etc.

Has anyone done this already perhaps and figured out a sensible set of key
bindings?

(If no-one has, my next plan is to just start using smartparens with the
out-of-the-box suggested key bindings, get used to it and then go back to
designing evil-ish bindings.)

/J