Setting up "jj" to force normal state

Marcelo de Moraes Serpa celoserpa at gmail.com
Mon Mar 25 21:08:31 CET 2013

Hello everyone,

I've tried setting up the "jj" key combo to exit from insert mode in evil
using key-chord, but it doesn't seem to work.

I'm using the following snippet:

  (key-chord-define evil-normal-state-map "jj" 'evil-force-normal-state)
>    (key-chord-define evil-visual-state-map "jj"
> 'evil-change-to-previous-state)
>    (key-chord-define evil-insert-state-map "jj" 'evil-normal-state)
>    (key-chord-define evil-replace-state-map "jj" 'evil-normal-state)

Key-chord.el is loaded, and I get no errors when evaluating the piece of
code above. However, when I test by entering Evil's INSERT mode and trying
to exit it by quickly pressing "j" followed by another "j", it stays at
--INSERT--.

Any hints appreciated!

- Marcelo.