evil-paredit-mode.el mode map blues

Michael Markert markert.michael at gmail.com
Tue Mar 19 00:19:22 CET 2013

On Tue, Mar 19 2013 (00:04), Óscar Fuentes <ofv at wanadoo.es> wrote:

> Óscar Fuentes <ofv at wanadoo.es> writes:
>> But after some random edit operations, the key becomes bound to
>> paredit-forward-delete, as it should since the activation of
>> evil-paredit-mode.
>>
>> Why could this happen?

The problem is that the bindings come only into effect if the normal
mode is activated. So change states and back to normal-state and the
bindings come into effect.

Also "random operations" is a bad description, C-h l (view-lossage)
tells you about your recently typed keys.

> It seems that the method used by evil-paredit-mode is not adequate for
> the job. Modifying the local keymap seems to work:

Modifying evil-paredit-mode also works (you may want to bring this to
the attention of the author):

(define-minor-mode evil-paredit-mode
  "Minor mode for setting up Evil with paredit in a single buffer"
  :keymap '()
  (let ((prev-state evil-state))
    (evil-normal-state)
    (evil-change-state prev-state)))

You may also want to add an issue because I also don't think the current
behavior is desired.

Michael