M- commands no longer pass through

Alessandro Piras laynor at gmail.com
Sun Mar 3 20:52:55 CET 2013

Hi Frank,
Yes, I meant pressing Ctrl and [ simultaneously :-)
I can understand what you mean about the german keyboard, it's as
crazy on an italian keyboard, but I usually type using the US layout,
and my laptop has a real US-ansi layout.
This happens on X, everything works as expected on the terminal.

As a half-baked fix, I put this in my evil configuration:

  (define-key input-decode-map (kbd "C-[") [escape])

It (kind of) works, but I noticed some inconsistencies when issuing
C-[ in emacs state.

Pressing C-[ two times (sorry for your fingers if you are going to
test this!) in emacs state leads to this error message:

   ESC <escape> is undefined

__
Alessandro Piras