TAB goes crazy in C/C++ mode

Sanel Zukan sanelz at gmail.com
Wed Jun 5 16:14:05 CEST 2013

Hi all,

I'm not sure is it me (again) but with the recent pulls my TAB in C or
C++ mode goes mad sometimes, especially if there are some unusual C
or C++ constructs.

Here is some example:

---

#include <stdio.h>
#include <some-lib.h>

MAGIC_MACRO(X)

class Foo : public Baz {
private:
   int a;
   int b;          <-- sometimes evil gets confused and will not
                       allign this variable, but will put it on the begining
public:
};

---

When above happens, TAB no loner works (to align the code), unless I
change the mode. Even worse, not every mode change will return TAB
behavior: e.g. going to fundamental mode will do nothing, but if I go
to python-mode, things are restored.

Any idea what is going on? This bug is not always reproducible, making
it quite hard to explain steps.

My emacs is 24.2.1 (x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu) in daemon mode from
terminal.

PS: I'm seeing TAB is bind to evil-jump-forward so I assume this is
more Evil bug than Emacs, as someone on Emacs list would already
notice it.

Thanks, Sanel