require register "+ to be left unchanged with "dd" or "yy" unless specified.

jenia ivlev jenia.ivlev at gmail.com
Sat Dec 14 01:23:19 CET 2013

Hello everyone:

When i type "dd", for example, the registers "+, "" and "* are changed.
How can I only change registers "* and "" but keep "+ the way it was?

I tried to debug evil a little and found out that evil uses register 43 for
the "dd" operation. I also noticed that 43 refers to all three registers
Here is the function: (evil-set-register 43 #("final3" 1 1 (fontified t)))
Does the register "+ has a specific number? If yes, what is it and where
can I find it?
And what do those "1 1" numbers mean?

Thanks for your time and kind concern.
Jenia Ivlev