Strange behavior after hibernate

Sanel Zukan sanelz at gmail.com
Sun Apr 7 23:26:47 CEST 2013

Hi all,

Maybe someone can help me to indentify this odd issue I noticed after
recent pull and Fedora upgrade.

I'm using Fedora 18 x86_64 with Emacs 24.2.1 in daemon mode, from
terminal. When I send OS to hibernate state (with 'systemctl
hibernate') and leave terminal open with emacs editing session, after
resume, Evil (sometimes) became confused and almost all shortcuts
get messed up.

For example, in normal mode, 'gg' when pressed for the first time will
go to the first line, but pressed again will invoke emacs 'Goto line:'
command; or maybe pressing '$' will go to the end of the line, but
pressing '0' will do nothing; pressing '0' again will send it to Emacs
but not Evil since Emacs will report 'ESC 0 0 0 0' in command line after
some time.

Evil reload will return mode back to normal operation. Also Emacs
behaves quite normally.

Any idea what is happening? Does Evil has any global timers that could
probably be messed up after resume?

Best,
Sanel