evil default search case

Menno Smits menno at freshfoo.com
Sun Oct 7 23:57:21 CEST 2012

On 07/10/12 18:15, Guido Van Hoecke wrote:
> I know that M-c toggles search case when tapping / to search with evil.
>
> But I would like evil to start searching case-insensitive by default.
>
> I googled, searched the docs and glanced at evil-search.el but did not find a
> variable that I can setq to set insensitive as the initial search case.
>
> I must have overlooked something...
>
> Any suggestions, any one?

By default evil uses Emacs' built-in isearch functionality. This means
that default case sensitivity during searching is controlled by the
case-fold-search variable.

For more Vim-like search behaviour you can tell evil to use its own
search functionality via the evil-search-module variable [(setq
evil-search-module 'evil-search)].

This defaults to case insensitive searches, unless you include capital
letters in the search string, in which case the search becomes case
sensitive.

Hope that helps.

Menno