evil not entering emacs-state in magit-key-mode even if magit-key-mode is listed in evil-emacs-state-modes

Frank Fischer frank-fischer at shadow-soft.de
Wed Nov 7 17:27:19 CET 2012

On 2012-11-07, Sanel Zukan <sanelz at gmail.com> wrote:
> Just recompiled emacs 24.2. The same behaviour.

I still do not have the behavior.
Can you bisect to determine which commit caused the problem?

And maybe try the patch I posted somewhere else today:

==========
 (defadvice evil-mode-check-buffers (before start-evil activate)
   "Determine the initial state."
   (dolist (buffer evil-mode-buffers)
-    (when (buffer-live-p buffer)
+    (when (and (buffer-live-p buffer)
+               (not (minibufferp)))
       (with-current-buffer buffer
         (evil-initialize-state)))))

I just want to make sure that evil is not initialized in the
minibuffer. (You can also check whether evil is active in the
minibuffer: after typing : first type i then q!. If this works then
evil is active in the minibuffer although it should not be).

Frank