C-M-<char> keybindings in terminal

Leo Alekseyev dnquark at gmail.com
Fri Jan 13 03:02:53 CET 2012

Hi all,

I just noticed that Evil doesn't play well with C-M-<something>
bindings when emacs is run under terminal -- just try it with emacs
-nw.  These bindings all appear to map to evil-esc.  (Compare with
emacs -Q -nw, these bindings will be interpreted correctly). This is
somewhat annoying, since I often run emacs in screen sessions on
remote machines.  I know that terminal handling of modifier keys can
be an interesting subject, but it would be nice if this behavior were
fixed.

--Leo