Change in initialization code

Frank Fischer frank-fischer at shadow-soft.de
Thu Dec 20 09:51:26 CET 2012

Hi Evil folks,

I've just done the unthinkable and committed another change to evil's
initialization code. This was necessary in order to solve issue #172.
The new code is even simpler and should just work, but ...

Initialization is nasty, in particular the initialization of the
initial state in which evil comes up in a certain buffer. The new code
should work in all *normal* buffers. But in the past special modes
caused some trouble like undo-tree, magit, mumamo (nxhtml) and others
that do funny things with major modes. I tried to ensure that those
modes still work well with evil, but I could have easily missed
something.

If you use some of the more esotheric modes, please check whether evil
is initialized correctly in those modes and report any problems
otherwise. If evil happens to be unusable, just revert to the previous
revision until all problems are fixed (but please report them ;))

Best regards,