How to send merge request on Gitorious?

York Zhao gtdplatform at gmail.com
Wed Sep 21 18:31:46 CEST 2011

Hi Mike,

> 1. Go to the site of your fork
>
> 2. on the right side below `Clone repository' there's `Request merge'.
>
> 3. enter description and summary,
>
> 4. choose target repository (most likely evil) and branch (most likely
>   master)
>
> 5. and source branch (your topic branch, or the one with the changes)
>
> 6. choose range of commits.

Thanks for the elaborated list, although just the first two steps are enough for
me :).

> I found it quite easy to use but well mileage varies.

I actually still belive that this is the wrong position for the "merge request"
button. It should have been placed somewhere in the commit log list, or after
the link for a specific commit had been clicked.

Thanks,

York