C-h in window-map

Michael Markert markert.michael at googlemail.com
Thu Sep 8 17:29:52 CEST 2011

On  8 Sep 2011, Vegard Øye wrote:

> On 2011-09-06 21:51 +0200, Michael Markert wrote:
>
>> Because prefixkey C-h describes the keymap I think it's far more
>> valuable to drop the vim compatibility here (esp. since C-w h
>> does the same).
>
> I don't understand. What's the harm in binding "C-w C-h" to a window
> command?

I thought the second part of the mail explained that:

> Because prefixkey C-h describes the keymap I think it's far more
> valuable to drop the vim compatibility here (esp. since C-w h does the
> same).

So C-w C-h would have shown what keys are accessible as C-w something. I
can't find anything in the docs right now, but test C-x C-h (which is
not bound, see C-h k C-x C-h) for example, and tell me if it's useful[1]
;)

Footnotes:

[1] Well the vanilla version isn't that great, but with anything and
`descbinds-anything` it's great.

Michael