Why does evil-insert-digraph take a COUNT argument?

Christoph LANGE langec at web.de
Thu Sep 8 17:10:56 CEST 2011

Hi Vegard,

On 08/09/2011 15:57, Vegard Øye wrote:
> On 2011-09-08 10:45 +0200, Christoph LANGE wrote:
>> Isn't it possible to make evil-insert-digraph accept an optional
>> numeric prefix, as other Emacs functions do?
>
> The COUNT argument of `evil-insert-digraph' /is/ the numeric prefix.
> Thus, "C-u 2 C-k a e" inserts æ two times.

Hmm, OK, I realize that my "bug report" was misled.  Sorry for reporting.

Background: I was running Windows with the US International keyboard
at the time when I encountered the "bug" that I wasn't able to enter
"C-k ^ i" in order to insert î, whereas "C-k 1 ^ i" did the job. But
that was due to ^ being a dead key, which is composed to î together
with the "i", so the input that Evil actually got was "C-k 1 î", which
it didn't understand, and therefore probably dropped the "1".

Cheers,

Christoph

--
Christoph Lange, http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benutzer:Langec, Skype