Swapping "i" and "e" causes "ds" and "cs" to stop working

York Zhao gtdplatform at gmail.com
Thu Sep 1 18:38:13 CEST 2011

>> (define-key evil-motion-state-map "i" 'evil-forward-word-end)
>
> This overwrites the bindings for inner text objects, which are bound
> in `evil-motion-state-map' as "iw", "i(", etc.

I had actually figured this out by myself last night and did a quick fix by
using an advice on `surround-inner-overlay' function. But your changes are the
ultimate solution and again it was nicely designed and simplified my
customization a lot. Thank you very much.

> 2. With the above in place, it might be more fitting to move text
>   objects from Motion state to Visual state and Operator-Pending
>   state (instead of having the latter two inherit from the former).
>   Text objects have no function in modes that come up in Motion
>   state, and as seen, they get in the way of rebinding.

It might be a good idea but is it going to cause all the modes in
evil-motion-state to lose the ability to use texe objects?

York