Incorrect behaviour of cat etc text objects in evil

Frank Fischer frank.fischer at mathematik.tu-chemnitz.de
Wed Oct 19 10:26:26 CEST 2011

There is an issue tracker at http://bitbucket.org/lyro/evil

> I found that on a simple html as below if cursor is placed in anchor tag and
> you do "cat" or "dat" or "cit" or "dit" it does not work correctly.
>   <head>
>
>      </head>

You're right, the current implementation of tag text objects is a
little buggy. Another problem is that "vitit" does currently not
include the tags (in vim, the second 'it' adds the tags to the current
selection, in evil nothing happens). I know some of those issue for
some time but and there should be some code in old vim-mode solving
them. But I was just too lazy to fix them and up to now nobody
complained ... ;)

I'll try to have a look on the tags in the next days, but right now I
do not have the time to work on evil, so please be patient.