Toggling evil-local-mode off when updating buffers with magit

Nikolai Weibull now at bitwi.se
Fri Nov 18 09:47:35 CET 2011

On Fri, Nov 18, 2011 at 08:30, Frank Fischer
<frank.fischer at mathematik.tu-chemnitz.de> wrote:

> Could you please give a minimal example,
> ideally starting with a fresh "make emacs" from evil's source

I can’t run ‹make emacs› on my terminal for some reason (PuTTYCyg at
work), as Emacs complains that standard input is not a terminal.

Running ‹make terminal› works and after saying no to running the tests
(running the tests gives the same result) I run the following:

C-x C-f evil-ex.el C-m M-: (revert-buffer t t nil) C-m

resulting in

Toggling evil-local-mode off; better pass an explicit argument.

This was with master at aac1f7831174e743f55b775fbdf87b0877e7be27.  My
Emacs is at 23.3.1.