Evil status?

Nikolai Weibull now at bitwi.se
Tue May 10 15:25:38 CEST 2011

On Tue, May 10, 2011 at 14:41, Vegard Øye <vegard_oye at hotmail.com> wrote:
> On 2011-05-10 13:25 +0200, Alan Schmitt wrote:

>> After browsing the archives for a bit, trying to learn more about
>> Vimpulse, I read about the Evil project. I see on gitorious that it
>> regularly has some commits, and I was wondering if it was already
>> usable (even on a minimum form, I'm a fairly recent Vimpulse user
>> and I probably use it minimally).

> The main things missing right now are searching, text objects and Ex.
> When the first two are in place, it should be minimally usable (at
> least I plan to use it regularly at that point).

Excellent!  This looks very, very promising.  I had a plan a couple of
years ago to do something like this as well, as I (at least then)
considered the combination of Viper and Vimpulse a bit heavy, when all
I really wanted was Vi bindings.  This looks to be a very nice fit.

Keep up the good work; it’s greatly appreciated!