Short edits with vimpulse

York Zhao gtdplatform at gmail.com
Tue May 3 00:28:14 CEST 2011

Add '(viper-toggle-key-action)' in .emacs to disable the vi mode,
afterwards, whenever you want vi, hit "Ctrl-Z". But you still have to hit
"Ctrl-Z" again to switch back to emacs state after the "one" vi command.

Good luck

On Mon, May 2, 2011 at 3:27 PM, argetek senvx <argetek.senvx at gmail.com>
wrote:
On Mon, May 2, 2011 at 8:21 PM, argetek senvx <argetek.senvx at gmail.com>
wrote:
> On Mon, May 2, 2011 at 8:09 PM, argetek senvx <argetek.senvx at gmail.com>
wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> On Mon, May 2, 2011 at 7:47 PM, York Zhao <gtdplatform at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Sorry I didn't read the replies, but what's the point of switching to Vi
for
>>> just one command?
>>
>> For one, it would allow an existing emacs user to test waters and
>> transition into vimpulse without causing various regressions in their
>> key bindings and workflows. :-)
>
> I only want to be able to use terse editing commands occasionally eg
> for text objects.  Because viper will be disabled the rest of the
> time, I can simply carry on using everything as I normally do with my
> fine-tuned configuration.

The frequency will change and I might want to increase the Vi editing
time occasionally (I used to be a Vim user a few years ago) but I
don't want to invest time in viper's key binding settings and
mode-specific overriding because I am waiting to invest that time when
evil is available hopefully with its flexible design.

--
Regards,

      ~ argetek